Gas prices are on the rise.
We all know that the cars of today are getting better gas mileage. However with rising prices, you’ll probably be looking for ways to save at the pump.
Following these tips will help you save money next time you fill up at the pump.
1. Fill It Up: Your car gets better gas mileage if it has a full tank of gas. That’s because there’s less air in the gas tank to cause evaporation.
2. Slow Down: Drive the speed limit. You’ll save on gas. Once you get to 60 miles per hour, every 10 mph over that speed is giving up at least 54 cents per gallon.
3. Keep It Hot: Your car gets better gas mileage when the A/C is not running. Roll down the windows and park in the shade.
4. Watch Weight: Keep an eye on how much cargo your hauling. If you have a truck, don’t haul unnecessary items in the truck bed. It hurts gas mileage.
5. Check The Tires: Make sure you’ve got the proper air pressure in your tires. You can save up to 12 cents a gallon.
6. Use The Right Oil Grade: Use the recommended oil grade for your car or truck. It can save you anywhere from 4 to 8 cents a gallon.
Following these tips will help you save money at the pump. How do you save at the pump? Leave your comments below.